Oyster Bay Marine Center
5 Bay Avenue
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Radio: VHF Channel 71
At Oyster Bay Marine Center our goal is to provide our customers with the best service in the marine industry.
To help us achieve this goal, we are seeking motivated individuals with excellent people skills and the ability to work well with our team members. The challenging demands of our environment requires dedication and the willingness to continually expand your knowledge, striving to be the best.
Technology in the boating industry is constantly changing the way boats are built and serviced. New materials, repair processes and electronic applications are being incorporated at a highly escalated pace. If you have the desire and skill to be part of this dynamic growing industry and to work with the best, our opportunities may be the doorway to your future.
Oyster Bay Marine Center offers their employees educational benefits through seminars and schools, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
We have full-time and seasonal positions available.
- Mechanical — a diversified position where experience in diesel, gas inboards, outboards and outdrives is required. Electrical and plumbing is also required.
- Composites and Refinishing — fiberglass, Kevlar, carbon fiber and new epoxy resins are some of the materials used in our boatyard. Their applications requires good engineering, cleanliness and care to effect long-term repairs. This field is one of the most technically challenging in the industry.
- Rigging — a good background in sailing and racing is required to understand and help develop systems for the cruiser or racer. Splicing, swaging, hydraulic systems, furling installations and deck gear installations will be required.
- Launch Operators / Dock Attendants — OBMC is noted for its excellent launch and dock service. A USCG license is required for the launch service position. If you have good boating experience, we can help you obtain your license. These seasonal positions offer both full-time and part-time opportunities including evenings and weekend hours.
- Yard Help — A great way to get started in the marine industry. Duties include assisting with hauling and launching of boats, painting and general maintenance of the marina. You will work along side experienced technicians doing repairs and other projects on the boats.
Please call us regarding employment opportunities.